Keep up-to-date with the latest Onga news
Mama Onga Recipe - Crispy Fried Chicken
- Chicken drumstick
- Vegetable Oil
- Onga GOG
- Onga Classic
- Yaji Spice or dry pepper
- Clean the chicken drumsticks and pat dry in a medium-sized bowl or tray.
- Season the chicken with salt and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Make a spice mixture. The mixture should include Dry pepper, paprika, and Onga Ginger Onion & Garlic.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Break eggs in a bowl, add some of the spice mixture and whisk for few seconds.
- In another bowl or tray, add the all purpose flour and season with the spice mixture and Onga Ginger Onion & Garlic.
- Next, start coating the chicken one after the other. The chicken goes into the flour mix, then into the egg mixture, and back into the flour mix. (Always shake off excess flour when coating).
- Add oil to deep skillet and fry until golden brown. (Oil should cover the chicken completely).
- Place the chicken in a bowl lined with paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with fries, potato wedges or fried yam.