Keep up-to-date with the latest Onga news
MAMA ONGA RECIPE - OVEN-GRILLED FISH
- Croaker Fish
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh lemons
- Salt to taste
- Ground white pepper
- Crushed Chili
- Onga GOG
- Onga Classic
- Clean the Fish and let it stand at room temperature for 10 minutes; pat dry with paper towels and make 2 or 3 diagonal cuts on each side.
- In a clean bowl or plate, mix your spices – White pepper, Paprika, Crushed Chili, Curry, Thyme, Salt, Onga Classic and Onga ginger Onion & Garlic.
- Add Vegetable oil to the spice mix to make a marinade and set aside.
- Get your whole lemon, cut one half into four slices and squeeze out the juice in the other half.
- Brush the fish all over with the lemon Juice and season generously inside and out with the marinade.
- Stuff the cavity with the parsley stems, garlic, and lemon (Optional)
- Grill the fish over moderately high heat for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Transfer the fish from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with grilled plantain.