How to use Onga: Ginger, Onion, and Garlic (#OngaGOG) to cook Fish Sauce #MamasHelpingHand
Here's a full step-by-step procedure on how to make Mama Onga's famous fish sauce recipe using the new Onga ginger, onion and garlic seasoning!
- Clean out the Fish, heat up 2 cups of water and throw in your clean fish. Season fish with salt and Onga Ginger, Onion & Garlic. Cook fish for 10 minutes.
- Take out the cooked fish, let it rest for 5 minutes and shred into tiny pieces. Take out bones and fins while shredding.
- In a medium skillet, add 1 cooking spoon of vegetable oil. Toss in your chopped onions and fry until its golden brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste to the onions, fry for 1 minute then add the parboiled pepper mix. Fry the pepper for few minutes.
- Throw in your shredded Titus fish while turning consistently together with the fried pepper.
- Season with Onga cube and salt and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- All done. Serve with boiled yam or boiled potatoes.