Say hello to our deliciously garnished Jambalaya Rice.
Say hello to our deliciously garnished Jambalaya Rice. Very similar to the Nigerian jollof rice or native jollof in look and preparation, the jambalaya rice is prepared with a mixture of meat or seafood and vegetables. This particular recipe is brought to life using the ONGA CHICKEN CUBE.
- Heat palm oil in a very large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add chicken into the hot oil, season with salt and one ONGA CHICKEN CUBE and cook until golden (doesn't need to cook inside), then remove into a plate.
- Toss in your chopped onions and garlic and stir till it’s soft. Add sliced smoked sausages and cook for one minute
- Add chili, then your pepper mix. Cook for 2 minutes then season with salt, paprika, curry, thyme and two Onga Chicken cubes
- Stir well, then add chicken and bell pepper. Stir and cook on low heat for 3 minutes
- Add water and carefully stir through, then add your shrimps on top without stirring. Cover your pot and cook for 35 minutes on low heat
- Stir gently then serve, garnished with more green onions if desired