Learn how to make this delicious jollof spaghetti recipe with less than N1000.
It's our budget-friendly recipe series! If you are thinking of making a meal for the family on a budget, then this recipe is for you. Learn how to make this delicious jollof spaghetti recipe with less than N1000.
- Blend the tomatoes, onions, and peppers until smooth. Set aside
- Boil down the tomato sauce in a pot until the sauce has thickened to look like a paste
- In a large wok or skillet, pour vegetable oil, then add sliced onions. Allow to fry until soft and brown
- Add the reduced tomato paste, fry for another 5-8 minutes
- Add salt and Onga classic powder. Fry for few minutes and set aside
- In a large pot of boiling water, add two teaspoons of salt, then add in the spaghetti, push it down or break it to fit into the pot
- Cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes on medium heat
- After 5 minutes, stir, turn down the heat to low, and allow to cook for another 5 minutes
- Sieve out the pasta water (but keep the water for later use)
- Add the boiled spaghetti into the fried sauce and stir until the sauce is well incorporated. You can add some of the spaghetti water to soften and cook for few minutes
- Serve with any protein of your choice