Afiame is a delicious bean soup popular to Lokoja in Kogi State.
The Afiame soup is a native delicacy to the people of Lokoja in Kogi State. It is a delicious soup made to thicken with the addition of bean paste. Beans is nutritious protein, low in fat, high in fibre and boost enzymes.
- Season beef with chopped scotch bonnet peppers, onions and ONGA GOG for about 20 minutes till tender.
- When beef is soft, wash the smoked fish and dry catfish and add to the pot to cook for 7-10 minutes
- Pound the Uziza seeds and add to the pot of boiling meat and fish.
- Add the ground crayfish, pour in the palm oil and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan, on low heat, stir fry the bean powder till slightly brown for 5-10 minutes
- Leave the roasted bean powder to cool then add water slowly and stir till a paste is formed
- To the pot of meat, slowly stir in the bean powder paste till all the powder is in the pot.
- Add the chopped scent leaves to the pot, stir and leave to simmer for about 2 minutes